Thursday, February 4, 2010

EOC WEEK 4: Favorite Superbowl Ad

This was a very hard post for me because I absolutely love commercials! I mean try taking a stopwatch, setting it for 60 seconds, and then try to get your point across clearly to a friend. Now try to accomplish this feat in 30 seconds. Now try it in 15 seconds. And then imagine that it's not a friend of yours that might just go on your past reccomendations but instead a complete stranger that you have to convince. Commercials in general are just genious sometimes to me. I think that when it comes to Superbowl Ads my favorite has to be the Pepsi ad that has a little "Curly Sue" receive a botched order in an old neighborhood diner and turn into the Godfather. First of all any time a cute child is involved you have a good chance of winning over the general public. Next I like the idea of taking one of the most iconic movies in history and changing this sweet little kid into arguably the most notorious gangtster ever to grace the big screen. It was great for me because when it comes on my friends know exactly what it is even if they aren't in the room!! All in all I have to say that Pepsi-Cola has been a very consistent force when it comes to their marketing. The commercials are usually on point and they tend to use the adorable child angle very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment