Sunday, January 31, 2010

EOC week 3- Great Service

One time that I had excellent customer service was when I went to Brasa. Brasa is a Brazilian steakhouse located in Cleveland, Ohio. I have to say that my expectations were very high. First of all I am very particular about my food and how it is served. On top of that my girlfriend and friends had been telling me how great this place was and that they felt I would have loved it. My girlfriend was confident, but also a little worried because the two of us had experienced quite a few negatively served meals. There was the breakfast where I ordered the “Kitchen Sink” and instead of the crisply cooked bacon that was supposed to be in it, there was rubbery undercooked bacon that was light pink and stretched just like a rubber band.
Oh, and then there was the “Outback” experience where I had to send my bacon wrapped filet back to the cook three times. And if I have to send it back that many times I am defininatle not eating it because rule one is never piss off the cook and then eat whatever it is that is being cooked.
When I went to Brasa the first thing that I was pleased with was the ambiance. It was quiet and cozy but not stuffy. The manager didn’t wait to see if a problem would arise before he showed up to introduce himself. He explained how the establishment operated and asked us to flag him if any issues arose and he would handle them personally. All of the staff showed us the same type of attention. I never had to flag him down because not only did he come by to share a few jokes but he also told a few of the servers to stay in earshot range so that we never had to wait.
I really don’t know why he took to us the way he did. Maybe it was because we are all a fun bunch to be around. Whatever the case was it made me feel really special. It was such a memorable outing that I would recommend it on the service alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment